Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thank You, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Holidays

This comes a bit late, but I didn’t want to forget to say thank you to all those who supported me in the Canadian Blog Awards for Best Blog Series and Best Progressive blog. I also want to give a big thanks to Laura of we move to canada. I appreciate you being a good sport during the “coalition bloggers” saga. Congratulations to you on your victory and congratulations to all the other victors in the awards. Thanks as well to Saskboy and the Canadian Blog Awards admin for putting on these awards again for another year. Some may feel they are silly, but I think it’s nice to have a forum to give recognition to blogs of all kinds at least once a year.

For those that thought the “coalition bloggers” saga with myself, Calgary Grit and Daveberta was a horrible and overly drawn out attempt at satire, well you can feel free to punish us at the polls for next year’s awards. If you thought it was great, I’ll be glad to take the credit though (if not well then it was the other two guys’ idea).

Seriously though I was especially grateful to get the kind of support I did for the Best Blog Series category for my coverage of the Conservative convention. The media gave so little coverage to what I thought was a very real portrait of what Harper would do with a majority, so I hope what happened on the floor of Winnipeg is not soon forgotten.

On a more spirited note, I will be signing off a few days, as I will be busy celebrating the holiday season with my family. I’d like to wish anyone reading this Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hanukah to all those that celebrate and hope all of you enjoy the holiday season!


Recommend this Post

0 comments: